• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to record an action for healing brush/clone tool ?

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

most of you who know photoshop so well, know it's a fact it's impossible to record an healing brush or a stamp tool to apply. Also is knowns the patch tool is the only way to make theses kinds of corrections and record them but the patch tool is not doing a great job as the healing brush, if you know your stuff.

This situation is never the less something many can experience, shooting products and having the same spots, dust and scratch to remove over 600 images is a major challenge.

I know when photoshop cannot record tools or specific task then scripting is the way to go.

Will scripting can open new possibilities to use healing brush corrections over an image to apply over many others doing the same corrections ?

Also I'll post this in the request for new versions or updates coming up in photoshop family page.

Mark

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked what it's for so I answered 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

del

(tried to change the state in Adobe Photoshop Prefs.psp, but then remembered that the file is being cached )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean to 'Allow Tool Recording' in CS6? If so there are more sadness in opposed to Bridge where you can during session upload new workspace to its Worskpaces folder which content will be automatically reloaded. You can there also reload Startup Scripts folder, so if you had some predefined settings you can change them at any time you want to apply anew to application. With Photoshop you can't do it without its relaunching.

Talking about Bridge pros there's also cons I know in favour of Photoshop. You can make shortcut from Presets or StartupScripts folders of Photoshop to other folder which you keep on some server, but in Bridge that is impossible. You can there only to include in .jsx file the other .jsx file that's on server and which then eventually uses other files if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg thank you for this link!! @Lengo67

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel this link is precisely what I came here to look for. Not even sure what the other answers are suggesting--definitely not installing any other programs! I needed to allow tool recording and that's it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines