• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reinstall Photoshop 2021 as the 2022 will not work on Windows 10

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a long session with a very helpful and knowledgable Adobe  Technician, it was It was found tha tmy 2022 version had an error with its ability to make selctions. He noted that it could be a bug that would be eventually fixed by Abobe. I tried reloading.. no luck.The technician reviewed all my computer's specs and found them quite adaquate to handle Photoshop 2022.  In the meantime, I am stuck ,and use Photoshop extensively for restoring  photographs. How do I go about downlad my earlier (2021) version, which worked perfectly for me? I have Googled how to reinstall a previously version and the instructions do not seem to apply.

I have the latest update of Windows 10, Nvida Gforce 730 GPU 32G RAM, 2TB hard drive 5500 RPM disk drive. I would be most appreciative of any help which I deaperately need!

Thanks you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the case number with me in a direct message so that we can check the details & investigate the issues?

Meanwhile, you can roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I a mhaving the same issue.  I can open a photoshop file from within photoshop, but if I click a PSD file in a folder it prompts me to select and app from Microsoft Store.  Then I go to choose default apps by file type and find PSD.  When I click choose default photoshop 2022 is not even an option. 

Screenshot 2021-11-13 074254.jpgScreenshot 2021-11-13 074336.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Case# is ADB 21767789-Z856

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option for Photoshop 2021 only 2022 and 23. With lightroom there are many options but not photoshop. Looks like I can not longer use Photoshop. Time to cut the cord.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about fixing this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about reinstalling the previous major release (one back, e.g., 2021), then you should be able to follow the instructions here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to have Photoshop 2021 installed in order for Windows to see PS 2022!

Windows 10 seems to not like Photoshop 2022(23.x).  In my experience, if Photoshop 2022 is not open and I double click a jpg, png or psd file it will open PS 2021. I recently uninstalled PS 2021 to save some disk space. After, when I tried to open a .png(or .jpg etc.) file, it wouldnā€™t open. Photoshop doesnā€™t even appear in the app list when you right click the file to say ā€œopen withā€. I can even go select the .exe file and nothing happens. I had to reinstall PS 2021 in order to open those files. So, if either version of PS is not open, Windows will default to opening PS 2021 when opening file types mentioned above, but if I have PS 2022 open those files will open in PS 2022. šŸ˜•

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines