• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove white background from logo?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to remove the background on this logo, however, it removes the white parts of the logo as well. How could I fix that the white parts of the image stay but the background is removed? Thank you!

Nadya353764896fci_0-1707597637588.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nadya353764896fci,

using the Magic Wand tool, have you checked Contiguous in the tool options bar?

If it is unchecked, it will indeed select all white parts.

Best regards,

Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were attempting this, I think I'd use the quick select tool around the outside of the logo to make a selection.  And then it's just deleting or erasing from there.  Cheers!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Load one Channel as a Selection by alt-clicking its icon in the Channels Panel, invert it and create a Solid Color Layer. 

If necessary use Curves on the Layer Mask to edit the transparency. 

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 15.45.02.pngScreenshot 2024-02-15 at 15.45.07.pngScreenshot 2024-02-15 at 15.45.18.pngScreenshot 2024-02-15 at 15.45.38.pngScreenshot 2024-02-15 at 15.45.51.pngScreenshot 2024-02-15 at 15.49.24.pngScreenshot 2024-02-15 at 15.47.11.png

Then add a white Solid Color Layer beneath that based on in invereted, slightly contracted Selection of the outside. 

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 15.53.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you've seen, there are a lot of ways to remove the background white area while leaving the interior white sections.

One of the easiest ways is to use the Remove Background Quick Action. Here's how:

1. If the image is the Background layer, then unlock it by clicking on the lock icon (if it's not locked then skip this step).
  2. In the Properties panel (Window > Properties), go to the bottom of the panel to the Quick Actions section and click on Remove Background.
  3. If too much or too little white is removed, you can make adjustments to the layer mask that is created (white shows the content, black hides it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines