• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save an iPad Photoshop doc to the Cloud - for Editing on the PC?

Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using Photoshop on my iPad, I want to create a Photoshop document; then save it to the Adobe cloud, then later pull it down and edit it on my PC (with my desktop Photoshop).

HOW? How can I take a photoshop document on the iPad and save it to the Adobe cloud (to be later edited on a PC with desktop Photoshop) ???

(The Export doesn't do anything but save it locally or share it with email, etc.)

(The Cloud icon in the upper right corner - uh, worthless)

Frustrated in Philly

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well....I (had to) installed Creative Cloud on my iPad and logged into my Adobe account; and it "seems" my Photoshop document on the iPad is also up in the Adobe cloud. 

I WISH - 

a) The user has control over what gets put up into the Adobe cloud vs. what's saved on an iPad

b) The iPad UI made it both CLEAR and EZ; because as of 06/2022 - it's neither

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The short answer is, when you open an image in Photoshop for iPad, you always know what's in the cloud because it is always in the cloud.

The only way to not have something in the cloud is to export it to iPad internal or extrnal storage. If you don’t export…it’s still in the cloud, so there’s that simple rule again: If you open an image in Photoshop for iPad and never export it, it’s been converted to a Photoshop Cloud Document. As a Cloud Document, it is always also accessible from any other version of Photoshop (iPad, macOS, Windows) that can open a Cloud Document.

So by default, if you create or open something in Photoshop on iPad, no other steps are required to open it on Photoshop for Mac or Windows. It will automatically show up in the Your Files list on all three platforms, so all you have to do is click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines