Exit

How to select the channel mask, when channel mask have lesser alpha value

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 2.46.11 PM.png

in the above fig I have selected channel mask and some part from channel mask is not selected which have lesser alpha value.
so i want the script that can select remaining channel mask which have lesser alpha value too. is there any script to do that selection .

Thank You

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about exactly – just loading the Channel as a Selection? (Please post meaningful screenshots including all pertinent Panels, not just snippets.)

Or it this related to a futile attempt to create one Path that perfectly recreates a halftone grayscale channel/image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @c.pfaffenbichler  

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 3.17.46 PM.png

in the channel panel i have selected that particular channel mask and i'll select "Load Channel as a selection" option.
after selecting the "Load Channel as a selection" i'll zoom the it.. when i zoom it the selection will look like this.

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 3.18.49 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 3.24.47 PM.png

after zooming the selection is looks, which is shown in the above fig.  as we can see that some of the portion is not selecting , i think becuase that have a semi transparency / lesser alpha value. so i want that remaning portion should be selected, which have semi transparency.. can we do that through script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description does not seem clear to me. 

Are you aware that the »marching ants« just conform to to area of at least 50% selected? 

To view an active Selction as a Channel you can use QuickMask Mode (Q) and hide the other Channels. 

Please post meaningful screenshots including all pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Options, Layers, Channels, …),  not just snippets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @c.pfaffenbichler 
step:1 
i'll select the channel mask "Path 8" from channel panel, which is shown in the below fig.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 8.48.25 AM.png

 step:2 
after that i'll select option "Load channel as selection" which is shown in below image

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 8.48.59 AM.png

 step:3
after selecting "load channel as a selection , then the "marching ants" is appear like below image

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 8.52.48 AM.png

when i zoom that , 

after zoom we can see that marching ants. these are the selected areas

Are you aware that the »marching ants« just conform to to area of at least 50% selected?
-yes. why that some pixels are not selected. which i have marked in red color.. these are not selected when i select "load channel as a selection" in the below fig.

i think this is clear to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-yes. why that some pixels are not selected. which i have marked in red color.. these are not selected when i select "load channel as a selection" in the below fig.

The pixels are selected, just not more/less than 50%. 

The »marching ants« are essentially meaningless in this regard, the Selection perfectly reflects the Channel that was loaded as a Selection. (With the limitation that Selections are 8bit, even in 16bit images.) 

What is the actual problem? 

As @Bojan Živković indicated you can edit the Selection in Quick Mask Mode with Levels for example (or Threshold if you want a perfectly hardSelection) so the »marching ants« would be at another position but then the Selection would not correspond to the Channel anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @c.pfaffenbichler  What is the actual problem? 
as when i select one particular path and click on "load channel as a select" that »marching ants« will appear. after that i'll go to the "paths panel" and i'll click on "make workpath from selection" .  after that the work path will get create, thats only the selected area. but my problem is . 

 so from above fig. the workpath is get create only for the selected area. and the mask which have lesser threshold or lesser alpha value is not get selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So now this is about Paths? 

But what is the point of this? Why do you need to create a Work Path from a perfectly fine Channel/Selection?

And just to make sure: Do you appreciate that such a Path cannot represent the »nuances« of the Channel/Selection? 

As @Bojan Živković already elaborated … you can edit the Selection with Adjustments to make the partially selected pixels »more« or »completely« selected. (Quick Maske Mode)

If you should want a Path that perfectly conforms to the pixels with just corner points and no curves you can upsample the image with »Nearest Neighbor« to 200%, load the Selection and create the Work Path with a »Tolerance« of 0.5px and create a Work Path from that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can understand your problem (I am in big doubt) then use Levels, for example, to convert grey values on layer mask to pure black (or white). Apply destructive Levels directly to channel. Suggested action may result in hard edges, so be careful. If I do not understand your problem, do not worry but try one more time to explain problem by showing before/after or what is now vs what you want to be.

Perhaps solution to your problem is to use Select > Modify > Expand > 1px?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Bojan Živković  

Perhaps solution to your problem is to use Select > Modify > Expand > 1px?

this solution is not worked for me beacuse still there some mask are not selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @Bojan Živković  

step : 1
i'll select the channel mask "Path 8" from channel panel, which is shown in the below fig.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 8.48.25 AM.png

step:2 
after that i'll select option "Load channel as selection" which is shown in below image.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 8.48.59 AM.png

step:3

after selecting "load channel as a selection" , then the "marching ants" is appear like below image.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 8.52.48 AM.png

step:4

after that i'll select "make workpath option from paths panel"  which is shown in below fig.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 2.56.35 PM.png

and it will create workpath in paths panel

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 2.58.15 PM.png

but my problem is , the workpath will create only for the selection. i want to create work path for unselected channel mask "meaning which have  un selected mask" i highlited that in red border color

the layer mask which is highlited in red mark which is neglected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines