• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to shape this graphic/logo to this curved line in PS?

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps.jpgHow can I curved this logo around the smae path of this line without getting distored? I have looked online for a few hours cant find any videos on Youtube

I want to have the logo to be the same as the line, to follow the same way....

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

One way you can do this would be to use the Shear filter. It would be best if the logo and the curve were on separate layers, but you could fake it by using duplicate layers with masks.

So, with a layer for the logo and one for the curve, rotate the image 90°. Duplicate the curve layer, and flip it horizontally. Filter > Distort > Shear. The interface for this filter is ancient and horrible, but with patience, you can get it to work. Adjust the splines on the axis of the filter (making up my o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible to be straight and curved simultaneously. If curved its distortion into a curved perspective. If straight its not distorted and its not curved it straight.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of ideas…

1. Turn the graphic into a Smart Object and apply the Puppet Warp from the Edit menu.
  2. Are you open to doing this in Illustrator? If so, you could turn your graphic into a Brush and apply it to the curved path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on exactly what you want to achieve.  

If you want to make this sort of shape, then Free Transform > Warp > Flag will do this for you.

image.png

If you want the graphic ti taper like the brush stroke, then that's a bit harder and will take more steps.

Start with FT > Warp (by right clicking) and taper the ends

image.pngThen use FT > Warp > Flag again.  Note, if you can't get the required warp in one go, the OK it and take another stab

image.pngTo get it to fit exactly, you can clip the warped layer to the brush stroke layer, but you need to done some work to get a decent fit. 

I've overlaid the warped logo layer above the brush stroke layer.

Right click the logo layer and chose Create clipping mask

image.png

What this does is use the lower layer as a mask.  I've used the marching ants (selection) to show the true outline of the logo, but it only shows where it overlaps the layer it is clipped to.

image.png

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way you can do this would be to use the Shear filter. It would be best if the logo and the curve were on separate layers, but you could fake it by using duplicate layers with masks.

So, with a layer for the logo and one for the curve, rotate the image 90°. Duplicate the curve layer, and flip it horizontally. Filter > Distort > Shear. The interface for this filter is ancient and horrible, but with patience, you can get it to work. Adjust the splines on the axis of the filter (making up my own terminology here), so that the curve looks straight in the (tiny) preview.

Click OK, and check the results; if the curve is nice and straight, good, move on. Else, undo and try again. The filter retains the last used settings, so you can tweak them. Hide or delete this layer; its job is done. Go to the logo layer, and run the Shear filter with no changes, and rotate the image back to its original orientation.

Semaphoric-PLXibM_0-1599880903732.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh thanks for the tips, and the graphics, and screen graphics in PS, you make it look very easy 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines