• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to show close icon on dialog title bar in modal dialog on Mac?

Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone..!!

I have a question.. When we display a modal dialog on mac, it does not contain a close icon at the top left corner. If the dialog type is panel then the close icon appears. What should be done so that the close icon shows on the dialog when its type is modal... for eg, kADMSystemAlertDialogStyle..?? Does something need to be changed in the resource file in the section that defines the dialog specifications mentioned below..?

resource 'DLOG' (kMyDialog, "My Dialog", purgeable) {

{0, 0, 580, 570},       // top, left, bottom, right

5,                           // movableDBoxProc

0x0,                       // not visible initially

0x0,                       // no close button

0x0,                       // application options

18504,                   // resource ID

"My Dialog",          // dialog title

0x0                       // dialog positioning noAutoCenter

};

I tried changing values for the "no close button", but as there is no document that describes what the valid values for that field are, so I had no success..

Please help..

Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

ADM has been deprecated for quite some time. You really shouldn't be using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, please reply sooooooon... Is there no way for the close icon to appear in the title bar of a modal dialog on Mac?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

I got a further lead in this problem... In the class ADMDialog.h, in the comments described for Create & Modal functions for creating ADM Dialogs, there are some options described for the last parameter of these functions:

ADMInt32 ADMAPI (*Modal)(SPPluginRef inPluginRef, const char* inName,

ADMInt32 inDialogID, ADMDialogStyle inDialogStyle,

ADMDialogInitProc inInitProc, ADMUserData inUserData, ADMInt32 inOptions);

Now, there are some values that can be given in that last parameter which define our creation options for the dialog. One of them is  kADMModalDialogHasPaletteSystemControlsOption, which too is defined in the same class (ADMDialog.h) & which, as the comments say, shows a close box at the top right corner of modal dialogs.

So, I implemented this as,

sADMDialog->Modal(fPluginRef, "My Dialog", kMyDialog, kADMModalDialogStyle, NULL, NULL, kADMModalDialogHasPaletteSystemControlsOption);

This compiled just fine, but the dialog appeared without any close icon. Now, what to do?

Please guide me on this...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ADM has been deprecated for quite some time. You really shouldn't be using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines