• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to speed up PS recorded Actions even more ?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Is there a way to speed up the Accelerated execution of recorded Actions even more?

a simple retouched aktion take for 130 fotos 5 hourse ! I have a mac Pro and alls speede SSDs?

ors is it not possible to speet up the action playback?

thank you

Sebastian  

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try less Action steps and work in Full Screen mode or at least with panels hidden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your how would anyone but you know.  Are you sure your action just doing a simple retouch.  Do you have problems on your machine. Is you software up to date? If your image files are a normal size and  thet do not nave many layer. It should not  take over two minuets per image file to do a simple automated  touch up on a machine that meets Photoshop.  Are you using CC 2018 I find batch processing with CC2018 becomse slower with each file processed. Big batch that should take 4 or 5 hours may take a day using CC2018, IMO you better off breaking up huge batch jobs into a bunch of smaller batch jobs and restart Photoshop b]etween batches,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should not  take over two minuets per image file 

By @JJMack

(5 hours * 60 minutes ) / 130 photos = 2,3 minutes per photo 🙂

I have no idea what these files are, but I think the best way is to try optimize the actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have maybe 50 copy and stamp aktions. thats it. nothing else. opening and closing files are not a problem but, PS2020 doesnt has to retouche it in real time? or does he? PS could fly at least 10 times faster or even more. My CPU usage is at idle!!!

is that normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not want to post you actions that fine.  Simple automated touch up actions should not take 2 to 3 minutes per file if your processing normals size image files. IMO you have problems on your machine or your actions are not simple retouch actions. 50 actions x 130 image files is 6,500 files or playing 50 action on 130 image files is not a simple retouch action.

No version of Photoshop is without bugs huge batch may be bitten by bugs. Photoshop may accumulate machine resources and performance may drop. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are use tool recording, then keep in mind that the processing speed depends entirely on your speed at the time of recording.

Also make sure accelerated action is turned on.

2021-11-08_02-04-36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean played recorded tool lasts so slow as when recording it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. If we turn on the recording and work slowly with the stamp, then it will be played back at exactly the same speed (pauses between instrument movements are not recorded)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an old hack that allows you to use any drawing tools without recording it movement: stroke path.

In the case of a stamp, of course, you still have to record the sampling point, but the movement of the tool can be described by the pen tool (or selection converted to path) - it will take more time at the time of recording the action, but it will significantly speed up its work.

2021-11-08_09-36-58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I remembered that some recommended in the past:

-to disable the previews in the layers, channels, etc.

-to reduce the history to one step

-I see that some recommend to TAB/hide layers, etc. and I think I've seen some who claimed that minimizing Photoshop helped.

I remember also seeing a feature request long time ago asking to have Photoshop perform task "headlessly" (without showing the image).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jarda Bereza once made very good topic about it at Adobe Photoshop Family as jaroslav_bereza. I saw you in the threads he participated so probably you mean him when saying of minimanizing Photoshop.

He of course talked in context of scripting, but some tricks are also applicable for actions. It would be nice anyone found that thread to link us to. I'd like to recall some of his techniques of speeding the job.

btw. to use Photoshop without activating it to front you can start it by Bridge using BridgeTalk, or independly by vbscripts. I never checked how much it accelerates processes. Who knows, maybe at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines