Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to use brushes from cc library?

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey all,

i know this might sound like a dumb question, but... ive recently downloaded a bunch of brush librarys and when i tried to use them i couldnt figure out for the life of me how to paint using those brushes. i dont usually work with brushes so this is new to me.

i posted on the ps forum, but this is really applicable to all the apps with cc librarys.

thanks for the advice! 😊

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly did you download? 

Please post meaningful screenshots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... this is really applicable to all the apps with cc librarys.

By @MimiF

@MimiF 

Are you using the brushes from the CC libraries or are they in the Brushes panel? 

Photoshop brushes cannot be used in Illustrator and vice versa. PS brushes are raster and Illy brushes are (mostly) vector. InDesign does not have brushes. 

We don't know if your brushes are Photoshop brushes or not, so it's not possible to give you a concrete answer. Please give the screenshots that @c.pfaffenbichler asked for. You might also provide the link you used to download.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Were the brushes you downloaded part of an .abr file? If so, did you put the .abr file in the Brushes folder in your Brushes folder inside the Presets folder?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines