Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use Nik Tools 1.2 in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have been using Nik Tools 1.2 with Photoshop at the time and I have many projects with Nik Tools filters. Nik tools 1.2 doesnt support new photoshop versions. Is there a way to use the old Nik Tools 1.2 in any Photoshop revision accesible now, at leaset to disable the filters? 

Some have suggested with PS 23 you can use Nik Tools 1.2, but when I tried it, it didn't work.

Cheers,

Kaushalya 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor, I managed to get PS CC 18 install and get the Nik Tools 1.2 working. 

Cheers,

Kaushalya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kaushalyas I assume you mean Google Nik Collection 1.2, I have it installed and it runs fine for me with Photoshop version 25.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

Thanks for your reply. When I install Nik Collection 1.2, it does not detect PS 25.0. When PS 25 is opened, no Nik collection menu.

How did you get it working? 

Thanks,

Kaushalya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kaushalyas I just copied the Google folder from here C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Plug-ins to here C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2024\Plug-ins

I also have a backup copy of the Google folder

2023-10-15 11_48_55-Plug-ins.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

I have already tried this method. Then I get this, when I open PS 25.

kaushalyas_0-1697368454657.png

My PS is 25.0.0 Release on Windows 10 x64.

Thanks,

Kaushalya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the tip, but unfortunately, didnt work for me. The PS gods must be really crossed with me.

Cheers,

Kaushalya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For another, even though these are pro-level plug-ins, photo editing involves a lot more than what the Nik suite offers. A Photoshop user will need to use masks, levels, curves, selective adjustments, and a whole lot more that Nik either doesn't offer, or doesn't do very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean the old Google Nik Collection, this totally works fine. If you have installed an older version of Photoshop, go to that version folder and take a look into the plugin folder. There  you should find a "Google" folder. Just copy or move the folder to the plugin folder of the latest Photoshop version. Restart Photoshop and you're good to go.
If you haven't installed the Google Nik Collection yet, just use the path to the plugin folder at the installation process.

For me the filters work perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this solution works perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines