• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to view edits made to a camera raw file (Xmp)

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently made some edits to photos through camera raw. The edited images are saved as a cr2 file ( I shot with a canon) with an additional xmp file next to the cr2 in the folder. When I open the cr2, it opens camera raw and shows me an unedited photo even though I have made edits and saved them, the metadata should be with xmp file that should open along with the cr2. Additionally, when I open these files in lightroom I can see the edited version in the thumbnail photo but when I view the photo in "develop" it is the unedited version. 

Basically, I'm just trying to open the photo in either photoshop or lightroom that was edited in camera raw but it won't open with the XMP file. Typically you should be able to double click the cr2 file and it will open edited in camera raw. 

Any help is appreciated! Please let me know if I need to clarify anything

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ACR if you click on three dots there will be Load Settings option to navigate to XMP file, have you tried that?

I am not sure for Lightroom but you may try with right click on thumbnail > Metadata > Read Metadata from File.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, Lightroom has the same, but if you correct something in ACR, you have to load the XMP info manually to see the changes in LR. And if you edit in LR, you have to make sure you saves the changes to the file, or you won't see them in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines