• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hue and saturation change to same colour (eyedropper?)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have several base images that I would like certain parts to be the same colour across all of them. We usually adjust the Hue and Saturation with a layer mask and go by eye, but we'd like to be more consistent. We can't use the same setting on the standard hue/saturation/lightness as the base image colours are all slightly different. Is there a way to use the eyedropper tool to select the right colour from say a different file which will then make the masked part that same and consistent colour? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you tell us which Adobe application you're using so we can move the thread to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops, yes sorry! Using Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll move the thread to the Photoshop forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a masked adjustment layer set to Hue blend mode - but I'm actually not sure it will be more consistent or look better. The problem is light falloff, so it depends on the lighting and shape/volume of the objects in the image.

I'd normally do that by eye as first option - and probably with Selective Color which is less disruptive to the pixel structure than Hue/Sat. But it depends. Can you show a screenshot, or a crop from the image, just so we know what we're discussing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached screenshot. It's all the red dots (the light strings/fairy lights). We would like them all the same gold-y colour, which so far we've done by eye. The second image is without the Hue/Sat layer masks off to show original colours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, maybe someone can come up with a clever solution - but I'd do that by eye. Much quicker and more accurate than trying to match numbers IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a couple of sample images. 

A Hue Saturation Layer may simply not suffice, an additional (lower) Curves Layer could help level out the luminance variations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines