• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to mimic this look for torn pantyhose

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the brushes for the torn look, and need to make the nylon part with the holes in it.  I have been trying to figure how to do this with no luck.

torn pantyhose.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

here a screenshot, but I do not have the right brushes:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-05 um 08.55.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a photo of nude legs and the same with legs in black nylons, that you put in one layer above the other. You create a layer mask for the layer with the nylons picture and you paint the holes in this mask. The layer with the nude legs will then become visible.

thats it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here a screenshot, but I do not have the right brushes:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-05 um 08.55.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shutterstock (and presumably other photo agencies) have royalty free pics of torn pantyhose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but you have to pay...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't it be simpler, less expensive to find a pair of "pantyhose", tear them up a bit and photograph them on a pair of female legs? Or male, depending on the shot you are trying to achieve!

Or as a suggestion do a google search on "ripped pantyhose brushes" on google. This is just one example of what I turned up:

Ripped Pantyhose 2D Graphics Atenais

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, those are the brushes I have.  I am trying to import the nylons into a game to be worn by avatars and they need to be .png when finished.  The skin of the avatar needs to be able to show through, as many have different skin tones.  Therefore, the holes need to be on a transparent background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly, what I suggested in my first answer.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you did, well I hope Tiara3 can take your advice.

Well done!

Butch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I would create layer masks using the brushes. Open up the nylons above a transparent layer and use the brushes on a layer mask then apply the layer mask to that layer.

Then save as a .png

Give that a go, see how you get on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why save it as a PNG (unless it's for web use), more versatility if saved as a PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You all have been so kind to take the time to reply, thank you for your suggestions.  I will certainly give it a go as a mask (PS - I will save in png and psd, as I need the texture to be uploaded into a game and it only will take a .png if transparent areas are present.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines