• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can only use Creative Cloud under an administrator account

Participant ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people have this problem and it is unacceptable that Adobe has not fixed it.

I just spent hours doing all the recommended cleanouts and uninstalls/reinstalls.

Many savvy Windows users do not run their everyday programs out of their admin accounts (too many potential dangerous privileges).

Since I installed CC Desktop as admin (the only thing that works) I am unable to install plugins from Photoshop because my user account can't access them via CC Desktop.  If I install them from my admin account, they don't show up when I run from my everyday account.

Does anyone have a workaround, because it looks as if Adobe will never fix this?

I am running Windows 11 on a Dell 8940 (I upgraded to W11, when I started having this problem under W10 in the hope that things might work under W11)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many savvy Windows users do not run their everyday programs out of their admin accounts (too many potential dangerous privileges).

By @mangurian

What dangerous privileges would that be?

These applications need full read/write privileges to your Windows user account. You can't run them from limited accounts.

All preferences and settings need full privileges. It writes to your user account on every application exit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What dangerous privileges would that be?

These applications need full read/write privileges to your Windows user account. You can't run them from limited accounts.  All preferences and settings need full privileges. It writes to your user account on every application exit."

I am guessing you are not a Windows user (or if you are -read up on account privileges).

1. non-admin accounts can have full read/write/internet privileges.
2. I am running PS, Lightroom, Bridge etc with a non-admin account.
3. Creative Cloud Desktop ran just fine for everday users until recently - now it won't even open.

Adobe or Microsoft did something.  Adobe should fix it.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is wrong. Adobe apps absolutely run under a standard account, that's my setup here at work and many businesses.

Is this a domain-joined Windows computer? If so, talk to your system admins about the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is wrong. Adobe apps absolutely run under a standard account, that's my setup here at work and many businesses.

Is this a domain-joined Windows computer? If so, talk to your system admins about the problem."

As I said above, I can run all Adobe apps except Creative Cloud under a non-admin account.

This morning, I gave that account admin prvileges and can now access CC Desktop.

This should not be necessary and I am looking for a fix.  Clearly something is wrong with my setup or with CC.

I had cleared out all Adobe apps in an attempt to fix this, but still the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am typing this from a standard Windows user account and the CC App works just fine, I can update apps, install fonts, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines