Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't change the color of objects

New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've never used Photoshop before. I've been asked to edit some brochures, and all that's left for me to do is to change the background color of some figures.

prueba.pngIn the sample photo, I mark them as "1" and "2". To try to change them, I select them in layers, then go to "Image" -> "Adjustment" -> "Replace color", but when I try to edit the color, nothing happens. As for figure "2", I can't even select "change color" in the adjustment menu. Could someone please help me? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

In the sample photo, I mark them as "1" and "2". To try to change them, I select them in layers, then go to "Image" -> "Adjustment" -> "Replace color", but when I try to edit the color, nothing happens. As for figure "2", I can't even select "change color" in the adjustment menu.

By @Gerhard28999700hmyd

For image 1 (layer “Capa 1”), Replace Color works if you have done the first step of selecting what color (and optionally color range) you want to change. After you click the image to select

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the sample photo, I mark them as "1" and "2". To try to change them, I select them in layers, then go to "Image" -> "Adjustment" -> "Replace color", but when I try to edit the color, nothing happens. As for figure "2", I can't even select "change color" in the adjustment menu.

By @Gerhard28999700hmyd

For image 1 (layer “Capa 1”), Replace Color works if you have done the first step of selecting what color (and optionally color range) you want to change. After you click the image to select the color, you will see the effect of the options at the bottom. The first step of selecting the color is because this command is normally used on a photograph with many colors, so even if the layer has only one color like this layer, you still have to select that color first before you can see a result.

In the demo below, I use a different method for Image 1. To make sure I am changing the color of all non-transparent layer pixels without having to select anything, I decide to use the Color Overlay layer effect instead. This also makes it very easy to change the color later, by double-clicking the Color Overlay effect in the Layers panel.

For image 2 (layer “Rectangle”), Image > Adjustments commands such as Replace Color are not possible because it is not a pixel layer, it is a shape (vector) layer. Fortunately, it is much easier to edit the color of a shape layer. I select any shape tool, which makes the Fill and Stroke options appear in the tool options bar at the top. Change the Fill color, and it’s done.

Photoshop change color of shape and pixel layers.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines