• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't find an option I need.

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have an art courses online. I was following the teacher, when I realized I didn't have the same options as them and couldn't repeat their actions. I need to find these option so I can keep up with the course.

First image is my teacher's screen and their option (in pink circle).

1.jpg

Second image is my options (pink circle).

2.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

You are using the latest version of Photoshop, but your teacher is not.

In the latest versions, the "star" checkbox was removed. The "star ratio" field is now responsible for bringing the rays to the center of the object. 100% - pentagon, 1% - star. In the version of the teacher, everything is exactly the opposite - 99% is a star, and 1% is a pentagon.

That is, to get an identical result, you need to specify 100-60 = 40% instead of 60%. 

2022-03-07_00-51-51.png

P.S. when using tools, be intuitive and don't be afraid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are using the latest version of Photoshop, but your teacher is not.

In the latest versions, the "star" checkbox was removed. The "star ratio" field is now responsible for bringing the rays to the center of the object. 100% - pentagon, 1% - star. In the version of the teacher, everything is exactly the opposite - 99% is a star, and 1% is a pentagon.

That is, to get an identical result, you need to specify 100-60 = 40% instead of 60%. 

2022-03-07_00-51-51.png

P.S. when using tools, be intuitive and don't be afraid to use different options (even if you don't understand their meaning). I am sure that you could get the desired result yourself if you just tried to change the percentages of the star ratio!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines