Recently, I can no longer save in Photoshop. Here's the symptons:
• Save, Save As and Save a Copy don't function. When I select any of these options, I don't even get a sub menu. I do, however, get a pop-up page with the options to "Save to Creative Cloud" or "Save to Computer" - when I select "Save to Computer" the page simply disappears and nothing is saved. I don't get an error message, greyed block on the menu option or any other indication that Save is not working.
• Every other funtion in PS works fine, the only problem is that I can't save the work.
• All other programs in my Creative Suite like AI and Pr work perfectly and I can save.
• I recently updated to OS Monterey - this may have been when the disfuntion in PS started, but I'm not sure.
• I've cleared preferences
• I've uninstalled and reinstalled
• 240 G available on my HD
Can anyone give me ideas for other troubleshooting fixes I can try?
Oh yeah -I forgot to add that I'm able to open/edit and save old PS files I made before the application or the OS were updated. The "save" error is only applicable to newly created documents that have never been saved before.
Copy link to clipboard
Duh. If I could delete the original post I would. The pop up dialogue box for saving options was probably appearing on my other screen. I never saw it until I unplugged the second screen. Works fine now.
Im having that problem and I don't use a second screen. It's only just starting happening in the last week. I can't save at all. Works fine then all of a sudden I can't save! Any ideas please?? I have to shut it down and start again. A big nuisnace!!
Exactly the same issue just occured with me today. I have spent about 4 hours working on a file and I can't save it. "Slightly irritated" would be the understatement of the week!
The solution I found until they solve the bug is to save on the cloud. Then i quit photoshop, and I open the file on photoshop through the cloud.
I had the same issue... my work (3 hours!!) is just gone 😞