Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'd like some feedback!

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you have the Edge browser that comes with Windows 10? If so I'd be very interested to know if it locks up when creating input to this forum. I find my copy is near to useless when posting here but has absolutely no problems on any of the other websites I use. Google Chrome and Firefox are fine but Edge seems to suck with our Jive forum software. I'm not talking about reading the posts but actually replying or creating content. Opinions would be welcomed.

Terri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri

Edge is not a browser I normally use but I fired it up to see what happens. Doesn't seem to be an issue in typing a reply to this post.

Will use it for the next hours and see what happens (then put it away again )

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave  it seems to happen if you start inserting graphics. I quite like it as a browser and strangely the lockups have only started recently. It may just be a system thing for me but it's strange it's only with JIVE here that it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me see with this image!!!!!!!!!!11

Testing-Free-Transform.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK no problem here using Edge on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using it with no issues to post in the forums

After the post, I then added this edit to make sure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. If you can try adding something to a very long post like this one with an image if possible

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2232719

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I did so, using your image which I copied from your post, this caused me no issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No lock ups this evening Terri.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri Stevens wrote:

Hello,

Do you have the Edge browser that comes with Windows 10? If so I'd be very interested to know if it locks up when creating input to this forum. I find my copy is near to useless when posting here but has absolutely no problems on any of the other websites I use. Google Chrome and Firefox are fine but Edge seems to suck with our Jive forum software. I'm not talking about reading the posts but actually replying or creating content. Opinions would be welcomed.

Terri

Quote works OK.

Hyperlink works OK

Advanced Editor works OK

It took me a couple of goes to paste an image in, but I am not totally sure I had it in the clipboard (my response to Donald doesn't want double chin pictures of himself to be used   (emoticons work OK)

Video widget works OK and Jason is guaranteed to give your entire system a full work out.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard of vampire bats but not vampire cats Trevor. The picture of Trump looks like he just sat on Melania's pet Chihuahua-she'll really miss that dog , but it's an illegal Chihuahua and has got to go back to Mexico or it might start murdering American Pit Bulls  and start smuggling in illicit dogfood taking away American jobs. However I imagine Mexican dogs will find a very practical use for the wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Jason Levine, he's one of the few people I'll listen too even if I'm not interested in the topic. Is it me or were most of the Max presentations given on Windows 10 machines? and what does that say about the future of the Mac as a serious design platform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri Stevens wrote:

However I imagine Mexican dogs will find a very practical use for the wall.

Wonderful, I love that You just summed up the whole sordid business in one succinct line...

what does that say about the future of the Mac as a serious design platform?

Apple gave up on that market segment long ago. Now they're doing very well, thank you, in the Hipster Accessory business.

Seriously, although I've always stuck to Windows myself, I've also had a lot of sympathy for the original Apple program - high performance, solid build, sleek looks. As long as you're putting this big box up on your desk, you may as well feel good about it. Nothing wrong with that.

But they just don't seem to care anymore. The number of color management problems - a dead show-stopper for any serious designer, you'd think - in Mac OS lately is nothing short of staggering. You just can't trust what you see anymore. And I'm not talking about "obsessing" here, these are big problems, like wholesale clipping of dark grays to black. Sometimes they get fixed - but most of the time the answer is...upgrade...that's old stuff...this is the new thing...and so the spiral tightens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pretty funny, Terri!

Fosse  has some issues in order but I have found problems with having so many options for high quality monitors that by the time you get to your perfect point, what you see on the screen is not what you really get. The Windows stuff I use all appears faded (Access is not supposed to be pale pink at least not in ads and not on a Mac running Windows) but the output is excellent. The Pro has been a leader in graphics and video editing for a long time. For two years, been waiting on upgrades. This year in particular. No change. Missed again. No sale. I'll wait for next year. And it is not a big box. Can't be talking about Apple.

To each their own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for testing everybody. It's obviously a glitch on my side-I'll have a go at cleaning out the cache. Come to think of it the problem seems to have started after I started using an Edge feature called 'reading list'. This is actually a way of saving whole web pages for later offline viewing. I think I'll use Google here instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines