• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need Help to Make this Photoshop job work

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly new to Photoshop and would really appreciate it if you could help me with this

Screenshot_18.png

I am trying to fit in these 5 screenshots to create a wallpaper for my personal use, not looking to make any money out of it.

How can I make the lighting and colors match etc

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select every layer ( layer by layer ) and adjust it using Image > Adjustment > Levels.
- It will be better if you convert layer to smart object first ( From your snapshot your layers are already Smart Objects ) so skip this step.

You can adjust it in an advanced manner with Filters> Camera RAW Filter  and adjust color correction to get your image match to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your advice but I am struggling with it is there a tutorial video you can send me to perhaps?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd hate to have to do it manually with curves or levels, because the differences are not consistent across the width of the intersections.  If you have the layers, try selecting them, and Edit > Auto Blend Layers with Seamless tones and colors checked.  If you could give us a link to the original, we might be able to help some more.  For instance, you could try right clicking the image in Chrome, and using Search Google for image.

Which will find all available sizes of that same image.  In this instance there  is not a bigger one,  but you might be lucky and find a high res version that is easy to copy, rather than take a series of screen shots.

My outside two screens are in portrait mode, which lets me get higher res screen shots of portrait mode images.  This is one of those situations where a 4K monitor  might actually be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I screenshotted the pics from a video so you wont be able to find em online could I perhaps send them to you so you can help? if not I undersatnad thanks for the advice again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the video on YouTube or online?  If you have the video, could you grab the screen shot again, doing it in one go?  What process did you use that resulted in separate layers?

What I am getting at is it would almost certainly be better to start again if you are able.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It from this episode of an anime. starts out at 21:46

http://www3.myheroacademia.xyz/my-hero-academia-season-3-episode-4-english-dubbed/

the lighting changes as they pan up which is what caused me the problem.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meh. Could be better, but didn't feel like spending more than 10 minutes on this.

Download here: http://www.upl.co/uploads/bokunohero1525068439.jpg

bokunohero1525068439.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You picked a difficult clip to grab, as it suddenly goes much brighter part way into the vertical pan.  I took a different approach keeping the clean first part of the clip, and blended it into the rest where all that texture is going on.

Note, I have put this up nearly full size, so if you want to use it, click on it to expand, and right click and copy.

To do it yourself, copy the screen with at least 50% overlap as it pans up the body, and paste as layers into a single document with lots of spare vertical resolution.  (2500 x 6000 pixels suited thew screen I was using.)  Then select all the layers you pasted, and go Edit > Auto Align Layers and chose Reposition

I found that made a good job of the upper layers, but the feet are just too different from the rest for Photoshop to make sense of.  So ignore the feet for now.

You can see that most of lines up, but the tonal values don't match.

Select the layers (but not the feet) and go Edit > Auto Blend Layers with Seamless Tones and Colors and Stack Images  selected.  Click OK, but note that it might take a few minutes.

Not  great, but much better than it was, and can you see how complex the layer masks are?  That's what I was talking about when I said I'd hate to have to do it manually back up the thread.

Now line up the feet layer and add a layer mask. Then feather the body and feet using a gradient in the layer mask.  It's easier if you set the gradient to Foreground to Transparent, as that lets you sneak on it with multiple attempts

Flatten the image and touch up manually.  Job done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Mine is a higher resolution, sharper, and the bottom part of the other version is all warped and deformed - looks pretty bad. I guess some kind of automatic tool was used to generate it. Wonder which one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot.

Holly crap I couldn't have done this in ages by myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines