• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help with the clone stamp.

Participant ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just testing it out and trying to figure why everywhere I colored wasn't white. I used the clone stamp on the white part of the image.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for the video! Can you also upload a screenshot of your Photoshop window interface with the Options bar and Layer's panel? That would help us understand the options you have selected.

But, from your video, it looks like you have the Aligned feature checked. This means that when you sample from an area and start cloning, the brush and the Source icon stay aligned. You started with the white area, but when you moved to the left, you started picking up the face and started repainting the face as you moved to the left.

Watch your Source image to make sure that you are not moving into an area you don't want to clone from. When you get to the edge of the white area, then reset your Source area by pressing the Option/Alt key and clicking on a new area. Then start painting again. The key is keeping one eye on the brush and one eye on the Clone source icon.

Let us know if you still have any questions!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here's a screenshot.

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 12.41.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why everywhere I colored wasn't white--

If you are using the clone stamp tool, then you are cloning with pixels in the image -- not a pure color like white. If your background -- even though it looks white -- isn't completely, then you are painting with that subtle value of color.

What exactly are you trying to do in this image?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, as soon you start cloning you have to  check the cross on your right, if that cross is too near to the image you will clone and repeat the image again

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines