• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need some help with photoshop sortcuts

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what i wanted to do is change the brush size shortcuts from [ and ] to 2 and 3 on my keyboard. so that they are easily accessible and i don't have to lift my left hand every time I use those options. however, i am not able to change that cause it says 2 or 3 are assigned to something else. and I don't know what they are assigned to in the application and i tried searching them manually but couldn't find them. can anyone help me with that? and i want to assign other nearby numeric keys as well. can anyone help me, please??

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@VikashSinghGusain the 2 and 3 keys are assigned to opacity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at my workstation right now to test, but the tool shortcuts have fairly limited options.

I have been using , and . for a long time, and N and M for hardness, which isn't very logical but was easy to get used to. The main thing is that they are easy to get to.

It's a particularly urgent problem for non-English keyboards that may not have the square brackets at all (like Norwegian)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@VikashSinghGusain forgot to mention the 2 and 3 keys can't be assigned

2024-08-11 09_50_14-Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, opacity, of course. This is something I actually use constantly, my brain just didn't connect there.

Type 2 and you get 20 % opacity. Type 3 and you get 30 % opacity. Type 0 and you get 100 %.

You can even type 2-3 and get 23%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines