• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would like to add a link to a jpeg, i am stuck and could really do with some help

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image which I intend to send out as a facebook post and other social network sites for an event and then print as a flyer. It has a QR code on it. However as most people will open this up directly on their phones they wont be able to use the QR code. Therefore I thought I would add a link so if you pressed on the QR code it could take you to the relevent URL.

Angela240424516ecv_1-1649940960939.png

I have used the slice tool and added the desniation URL and saved as a HTML with images and stored in a folder. If I open the HTML page on my laptop the image appears. However if i open the image on my mobile it's compltely blank 

Angela240424516ecv_0-1649940900309.png

How can i get the image to appear. This is not a webpage. It's simply a jpeg. Is this possible?
P.S if anyone wants to come to the party let me know lol
Thanks 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

You'd have to host the HTML somewhere. If you are doing a social media post I would just post the URL along with the graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What email application are you using to send the image?

The most compatible way is to make the entire jpg the button not just the QR code.

That way you don't have to slice up the image.

In Outlook, you add the jpg to the email, select it then go to Format/Add Hyperlink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reponse. I wasn't going to use an email application. I was literally just going to write a post in facebook and another social app and attatch the jpeg image. I get the feeling this won't be possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have to host the HTML somewhere. If you are doing a social media post I would just post the URL along with the graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. This would make life easier! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't post a picture and have it be a link - it's just a picture. It needs to be embedded in and HTML page. If you post it to facebook, you will have to just add the link to your post. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines