• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would like to know how to set the thickness of text stroke and the shape of the text shadow.

Explorer ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how to display the thickness of the stroke and border that can be set for text in Photoshop at a constant thickness without changing even if the text is enlarged.
I'd also like to know how to round the corners of the text and the shapes of the text's shadows, like a round join in Essential Graphics in Premier Pro.
I want to achieve my goal without converting it to a shape object.
Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Light335188169mia 

In Photoshop, the way to put a stroke on live text is to use a Layer Effect for Stroke. There can be multiple strokes of varying thickness, measured in pixels. 

Rounding corners with out converting the text to a shape cannot be done in PS, afaik. In Adobe Illustrator, it might be possible with the Appearance panel. The Effects in Illustrator are far more robust than those in Photoshop.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jane-e is correct, and it looks like the demo below. You can apply multiple strokes to a layer using the menu command Layer > Layer Style > Stroke, or by clicking the Add a Layer Style button at the bottom of the Layers panel (the button has an fx label on it) and choosing Stroke. Photoshop Layer Styles existed before Essential Graphics.

The stroke corners are round by default, and that cannot be changed.

Photoshop text layer with strokes 720.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines