Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustration

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would like to know how do this illustration ?a4377e2071b9b6d1e77eabc98b8495e5.jpg

I'm blocked and I don't know if this is possible ?

Many thanks in advance, I really do appreciate any help!

Charlie

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

What @warunicorn said is how I would also do it. I would add that setting a layer to Multiply can darken the color, so you might want to adjust the opacity and/or color (Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation or maybe >Color Balance etc.) of that layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asking about how the text blends with the fish? Looks like a simple blend mode. ("Multiply" would be my guess.) This is done via the blend mode option in the Layers panel. (Target the type layer first, which should be layered above the fish.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thanks for your answer. I would like to know if the fish is an image worked with Photoshop or Illustrator ( if yes, could you explain them to me ?) or if it is a handmade illustration ? I'm sorry if my question was not clear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What @warunicorn said is how I would also do it. I would add that setting a layer to Multiply can darken the color, so you might want to adjust the opacity and/or color (Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation or maybe >Color Balance etc.) of that layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thanks for your answer. I would like to know if the fish is an image worked with Photoshop or Illustrator ( if yes, could you explain them to me ?) or if it is a handmade illustration ? I'm sorry if my question was not clear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fish is from photshop, the type could be illustrator or indesign or even photoshop. Type is in multiply mode on fish. very simple. 

(The type will remain vector in a photoshop pdf. as long as it's not rasterized before saving the pdf.)

The fish should be at least 300dpi at 100 percent size or smaller. if you blow it up larger it'll start to look pixely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are few things you need to clarify.

1) You want the exact copy of this picture or

2) You want something like this.

I am assuming the first one.

So yes, you can simple take this picture to illustrator and multiply it to darken the photo and then Click on Image Trace and Click Low - Fidelity and then expand it. and then, adjust according to your needs 

you can also use pen tool to create the text written on the image. 

I have also created some vectors using this technique which are posted Link removed by Moderator on my website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for great guide. I tried it to make something like this. many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines