• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image not centered in workspace window after resizing in Photoshop 2022

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been resizing images using the Image > Image Size command for many years in Photoshop. Until this new 2022 version (23.0.0), the image has always remained centered in the workspace after resizing.

With this new version, the image resizes and gets located to the upper left corner of the original image perimeter coordinates (hopefully that makes sense). I now have to use Ctrl + 0 to recenter the image. An extra step that becomes a waste of time when you are resizing many images in a day.

Is there a setting somewhere that will return Photoshop 2022 to the prior behavior?

Note - This is on a Windows 10 machine at work. I have not yet tried it on my iMac at home running macOS Big Sur, but will tonight. I have already cleared preferences, tried the 'Disable Native Canvas' as well as deselecting 'Enable Native Canvas Rulers'.

Any insight is welcome as this new behavior is not ideal for someone who uses Photoshop daily to edit images for use in InDesign and Illustrator documents.

Regards, CorkyO

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

In photoshop go to Edit>Preferences>Tools and uncheck Overscroll and see if that corrects the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop go to Edit>Preferences>Tools and uncheck Overscroll and see if that corrects the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sir!

That returned the old behavior.

Note - forgot to hit 'Post' button after selecting 'Correct Answer'.

Best regards, CorkyO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. Was driving me insane..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 22 version. Earlier today I resized an image to 16 x 8 and then re-sized the canvas to 18 x 12.  Worked perfect!  Now I'm going through the same drill (same photo) and NO MATTER WHAT I DO, the photo is off-center.  There's about twice as much space on the top (compared to the bottom) and about twice as much space on the left (compared to theright).  In the window I typed 2 in the width and 4 in the height with Relative checked, and yes, it is centered.  I have wasted an hour trying to figure this out when it worked earlier the very first time I tried it.  No, unchecking Overscroll button did not help, and I have not done anything different or closed out of Photoshop or ran any updates since doing this the first time. Thank you!  Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot about that--Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I spent days looking for the answer🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines