• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image prints different colour grey when I hide certain layers

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to print out a document in PS of Furniture and prices in two parts. Firstly i print the entire document, containing the images and dimensions of said furniture. I then hide the grouped layers containing the product images and dimensions, leaving just the Grey header and foot containing the company logo and print this.The two prints should have the same colour Grey at the top and bottom but they don't. The grey in the two images is very different. WHY? The image with the products appears more blue and rich, whereas the image with just grey header and logo appear flatter and truer to the colour required. I am experienced in Printing and PS but am at a loss with this one. I have tried to save the two versions of the image as jpegs and printed them both in different software other than PS and it makes no difference. Please Help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a guess but maybe your printer is printing the gray bars with black ink only.

There are a lot of different things that could be going on here. What color space is your photoshop document? What kind of printer do you have? What settings are you using to print? Is the printer managing the color, or is Photoshop? What does the layer stack look like in your document? Are the gray bars on the top of the stack or the bottom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! some food for thought. I thought about the Ink usage, hence i saved each state as a jpeg and printed from picture viewer... I will try these options and report back on monday.. Works over now!!! Thanks again for prompt response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines