• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Processor limited to 800 files at a time?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says it all. I do weekly work for a client who gets 3,000+ images for each shoot, and I save them all using the image processor in PS. Problem is, it seems that it can only handle about 800 images at a time, not all 3,000+ images. I've done a bit of digging, but haven't found anything on this issue.

Anyone have similar problems?

SB

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried to process more than 800 file. a while ago I pointed the image process at a tree that has more than 3000 files. So far 600 jpeg output file have been created. I'll let it run till over a 1000 jpeg file are created and then kill it. I see no where where the Image processor script is documented to be limited to 800 files.

The run has just pass 850 files

it now up to 930 files

past 1000

past 1230 now  I going to cancel the run.

when I canceled it 1260 image had been processed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Good to know. I wonder what's going on with mine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your PS version, free RAM for PS and scratch disk free space?

If you run recursive calling script in PS, callstack can have something around 600 levels. But I don't think that Image Processor uses recursion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest version of PS. I'll have to check when I get home about free RAM and scratch disk space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look into code and found this.

2017-02-15_200632.jpg

I guess... If you would have folder with 100 - 600 sub-folders inside your root folder... it could fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jarda+Bereza  wrote

I guess... If you would have folder with 100 - 600 sub-folders inside your root folder... it could fail.

I think 100 folders and 600 sub-folders would contain tens of thousands of images.  The test I ran took sometime to start to run for as you point out the script  build a complete file list before it process the first image file.  The test I cancelled had 108 folders in the tree and 3,472 files.   I did cancel it after over 1200 files were process.  Remember the Script processes one image files at a time at any given moment it most likely only has two open documents the original source image and a copy an output file will be save from. If His machine stops after 800 files it means the file list was created and the script was able to process the first 800 files.  It is more likely that some source file  fail and cause the script termination.   If the Image process encounters a problem with a file it log that and  moves onto the next file. When files are processed the image processor generates a list of file that it had a problem with and notes that they were not processed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines