• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image processor script and image interpolation setting (cs3)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm using Bridge & Photoshop CS3 (mac) to process batches of photographs. I've discovered that the script "Image Processor" does not take into account the "image interpolation" setting of my General Preferences in Photoshop.

It's very painful, because I cannot use "Image Processor" any longer, as it produces soft images where I need sharp ones (my default for "image interpolation" is "bicubic sharper".

Any idea/workaround?

thanks

Patrick

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Image Processor uses Fit Image to do the resizing. As you don't like to use Fit Image's BICUBIC method you sould edit that script. Change line 143 from

app.activeDocument.resizeImage(newWidth, newHeight, resolution, ResampleMethod.BICUBIC);

to

app.activeDocument.resizeImage(newWidth, newHeight, resolution, ResampleMethod.BICUBICSHARPER);

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so clever now are you Dr Brown!

Patrick, It's a bit beyond me, as it doesn't refer to any activeDocument.resizeImage to do any of it's resizing. However, I'm sure some of the more experienced minds here will be able to edit image processor that'll spew out all the images shrunk with bicubic sharper - or better still add it as a default tick box to the existing script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image Processor uses Fit Image to do the resizing. As you don't like to use Fit Image's BICUBIC method you sould edit that script. Change line 143 from

app.activeDocument.resizeImage(newWidth, newHeight, resolution, ResampleMethod.BICUBIC);

to

app.activeDocument.resizeImage(newWidth, newHeight, resolution, ResampleMethod.BICUBICSHARPER);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help. It works flawlessly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you know how to adjust this for CS5?

The coding in the scrip file is no longer the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download ImageProcessorPro from russelbrown.com. It's an updated version that lets you set the interpolation along with a few other enhancements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the correct website is russellbrown.com (you were missing an L) - but Thank you for posting that! It was exactly what I was looking for.

@Patrick - you were correct I was not looking at the "Fit Image.jsx" file. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The coding of the script is exactly the same, but I guess you're looking at the script "Adobe Photoshop CS3/Presets/Scripts/Image Processor.jsx" instead of "Adobe Photoshop CS3/Presets/Scripts/Fit Image.jsx".

The one you must edit is "Fit Image.jsx".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the change I made in CS5 fit image

// resize the image using a good conversion method while keeping the pixel resolution

// and the aspect ratio the same

//app.activeDocument.resizeImage(newWidth, newHeight, resolution, ResampleMethod.BICUBIC); Commented out JJMACK

if ( newWidth > app.activeDocument.width || newHeight > app.activeDocument.height ) {

if (!limit) {app.activeDocument.resizeImage(newWidth, newHeight, resolution, ResampleMethod.BICUBICSMOOTHER);}

}

else { app.activeDocument.resizeImage(newWidth, newHeight, resolution, ResampleMethod.BICUBICSHARPER); }

Note: Adobe choice to use BICUBIC is probally the best choice for users in general. For I find an images has been sharpened before its downsizes, downsizimg it using BICUBICSHARPER  is not the best choice then.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm so glad I ran into this post. We use the image processor everyday and it was giving us a lot of issues with the gray scale colored images. Now that I was able to edit the fit image script it works perfectly. Thanks for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines