• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Processor

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to batch process my psd images in bridge. I would convert from psd to jpg and also resize them for social media in bridge. That feature has been taken out. I have been trying to do the same batch processing in photoshop using script. I get the error message seen in screen shot. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the files read only?

Did all of the files fail?

Can you show us a screen shot of the Image Processor panel with the settings you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to detail the process to see if this clarifies. My apologies, I am trying to explain the problem and research fix but am just not even sure what to look up.

1. Open PS

2. Select File

3. scroll down to select scripts

4. Select 'Image Processor'

5. The I select the file that contains the images I want batch process from PS files to JPG files for printing at a quality of 8. There may be anywhere from 1 to 30 images or more in a batch. It seems to be random with files I get the error on.

6. To convert to the same ps files to jpg for social media I will do the same process except choosing resize to fit and enter in the width and height px. The I will get same error message but not on the same files that errored on the processing for print. 

What used to take me two minutes when this feature was in bridge now take me nearly two hours because I have to keep trying to process the files and eventually they will process. Is there a way to fix this error?

If there is different way to prepare my ps file for clients for print and for uploading to social media please let me know. I have not been able to find classes/education on this and I want to speed up this process.

I have included more screen shots if that is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About Bridge and Image Processor.   Bridge 22 menu Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor... should still be available.  There is even a better Plug-in Image Processor Pro... that can be downloaded and install from the web.  The Image Process Pro is a Photoshop Plug-in script  so it supports being recorded ins actions.   Image Processor Pro can save up to 10 Output files for each image file processed. So with a single run of the image processor Pro you could save both your print jpeg and your social media jpeg.  Using the Bridge you can select the files you want  to batch.  However, using the Image Processor scripts from Photoshop without using the Bridge you can select a folder of image file to batch you can not just  select some images in some  folders you want to process  like you can in the Bridge.

You need to find out where the problem you have in your Bridge installation is.

Also the errors you got may have happened because it looks like you may have had some of the file in the folder you selected open in Photoshop.  The script could not open the files for they were in use  by you in Photoshop. I see quite a few psd open in tabs in you first screen capture. That match the names of the files the failed to be processed.image.png

image.png

1.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. I just updated bridge a couple of days ago and it's updated to Version 12.0.0.234. I was told by through adobe chat that ps image processor was gone in bridge. I will look in the plug in. Any guidance would be helpful as I have never searched for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should have a  Bridge menu Tools and in that nemu a menu item for Photoshop and in the Photoshop menu  ther should be a menu item Image Processor...

If looks like it addeb by a Photoshop Startup Script.

I use Windows 10 and  I have and Adobe created folder  the folder will differ on a mac. Windows folder:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Startup Scripts CC\Adobe Photoshop". 

In that folder there seem to be a Startup Script for each Photoshop Version I have installed. The is one for Photoshop 2022 "photoshop_v2022.jsx"  In that script I see code  the remove Bridge Tools menu Items like Image  Processor  that may be old. That new ones will be added.

image.png

and setup code for it Image Processor.

image.png

And Tools menu setup code 

image.png

Image Processor Pro will instal a Startup Photoshop Script in ther as well"

"photoshop_ximage_processor_pro.jsx" thet will add Image Processor Pro... to Bridge Tools in Photoshop menu

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they been saved, If the documents are new document open in Photoshop that have never been saver I do not think Image processor will process them for the documents have no backing file. Make  sure the all open document in Photoshop you want Processed by images processor have been saved.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Export Panel is still in the newest Bridge version 12.0, if that's what you were using previously to batch process your psd images.

Window>Export Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines