Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image quality with photoshop artboards

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I make all of my online campaigns in photoshop, and im using artboards because i love it - it gives me a good overview when i make a lot of graphics.

But, the image quality is not great. If i want to use "save for web" i have to slice my artboards. Because if i use Export as and work with the highest settings in that dialog box, i still give me a bad image.

Here is my example: When i use a solid background, the artboard Export as, gives me a striped background.

Image with "export as"

24-TU-Hero-desktop.jpg

Image with sliced artboard and "Save for web" - here there is not any stripes.

24-TU-Hero-desktop-test-slice_03.jpg

Why is this happening? I have tried all Resample options.

Is there any way to make the image better, or do i realy have til slice my artboards? It just doesnt make sense.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is that "Export As" have some problems with quality images and i can suggest you to use "Save for Web".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know that it is a actually problem, and not my settings.

Then Adobe should look at this problem... ? And optimize it. .. Anyone who knows about them looking at this?

So your answer is that i have to use slice tool when using artboards... that is sad. Because without slicing, i just have one big image with all my artboards and more canvas.

I also use artboards when i make google display banners...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artboards are designed to work with Export As, not Save for web which is much older. You are doing it correctly by using Export As.

I use artboards and export as all of the time and have not experienced a problem with the image quality. I can see the lines you describe in the red background. How did you create the solid red background? Does this image quality problem happen on every image with export as?

I usually export my jpegs at 80% compression. You are using 100% which should give the highest quality, but I am wondering if you tried different settings.

You have the resample set to Bicubic Smoother, but the export isn’t getting resized. I think mine is usually set to auto. Have you tried different settings here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How many different settings can i do, Export as dont give me much to work with. It helped me a bit to change resample to smoother or sharper. But the best result is slicing and save for web.

The red background is just a box with a solid color, nothing fancy. #c20005

I did also use 80% for a long time, but when i make a solid background, it makes these stripes, so i tried 100% And no change.

It makes same bad quality even if it is a a model (with a person) image or solid color background. But of cause its easier to see on solid background.

Only slicing and save for web is working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines