• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image size

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a logo as an svg in Illustrator. Now I need to export the logo as an image. I would export the logo as PNG and then import it into Photoshop. But I need the logo in 350x100 pixels. In Photoshop under Image size. If I enter 350 there, the image is distorted because the height is also adjusted.
Is it possible to get the picture to 350x100 pixels without it being distorted?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Indeed the Image Size option will only resize all the pixels, losing proportions, squeezing and streching them to the set size.

There is multiple way to achieve what you need, you can create an new PSD with a 350x100 pixels size and drag your svg/png file on the document, then adjust position/size to your liking.

Alternatively, you can use the crop tool on your PSD with a set size

olivierd42825091_0-1674553054910.png

You can also use the the canvas size option in the image menu, it will effectively crop pixels to the size you set:

olivierd42825091_1-1674553190525.png

olivierd42825091_2-1674553224523.png

Reagrds,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I would export the logo as PNG and then import it into Photoshop. But I need the logo in 350x100 pixels. "

You can also export using Save for Web, uncheck Clip to Artboard and specify export dimensions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easiest option is to create a new document in Photoshop to the size you want (350x100px, 72 ppi).

Save your logo as an .ai native format and use File>Place in Photoshop to bring it in.

No reason to go through the efforts of extra file formats, etc.

Keep it simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines