Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images appear red when opened in photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody, 

I'm having troubles when using photoshop lately. When I open images with photoshop (and also with the default windows photo viewer) they appear much redder than they should be. It's very strange, beacuse if I open the same image with other programs (paint for example) the colors appear correct, so it's surely not a problem of the screen setting or anything like that.

Can anybody help me with that?This is how the image should appearThis is how the image should appearThis is how it looks when opened in psThis is how it looks when opened in ps

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a broken monitor profile, as is shown bu the coloured look to the interface type and the "cream" colour of white in the colour picker. Sometimes these broken profiles come with updates from Windows. Colour managed applications use the profile, others applications do not.

In Windows, type color management into the Windows search bar.

Change the default profile for your monitor to sRGB IEC61966-2.1. That should get you closer for the time being, but you really need a new profile, specific to your monitor. Best is a profile made with a hardware calibration device, or at least a new manufacturer profile from the monitor manufacturer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines