• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not being displayed during batch processing.

Engaged ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a new one, for me anyway.  I'm batch processing a few thousand Raw images and each image is not being displayed in the Photoshop app.  They are being processed (I hope) because I can see the activity in Windows Task Manager.  See the screenshot.  Note the Task Manager activity.

Anybody else observing the same behaviour?  All sorts of weird stuff happening in Bridge too, but that's for another forum.Adobe_No_Screen_Image.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an action and the batch command?

Is this the Image Processor Pro script?

Please post screenshots of the batch settings and the source folder contents.

Where is the destination folder located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an action being run through the batch command out of Bridge, and I can't do anything with it until it finishes running.  I could crash it using the Task Manager, but I want it to finish running normally.  Once it has terminated normally, I'll post the action contents and other info.

It's a simple action that applies the Auto-Contrast command and then saves as a JPEG to a folder on another drive.  Source drive is an external that contains the RAW files, some DNG files created by AI to address noise, the sidecar files and a very few PSD files.  4,500-odd files in total not counting the sidecar files.  No 'open' command in the action.

I was merely wondering whether anyone else had experienced this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generally use ACR to batch-process raw files, so I'm not sure about your particular use case.

I would have just performed an "Auto" edit in ACR and batch-applied the setting to all images and batch saved directly from ACR with no action or batch command required.

That being said, on larger files, I would expect to see the images opened in Photoshop (smaller files may open/close if there is only simple batch processing being applied).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do all of my edits in ACR so I can view them full screen in Bridge, but I then just run them through the Tools>Photoshop>Batch command.  That leaves me free to continue using ACR to do other editing whilst the batch edit runs in PS.  This batch that is running now, will probably run until tomorrow.  It's already been running for over 5 hours.  It's still running according to Task Manager, so I'll let it keep running.  It was just odd that I couldn't see the images appearing one-by-one as I usually do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to crash it.  Needed to use ACR for another job.  It was processing and saving images as instructed by the Action.  I've just restarted on these images again and they are showing as normal in PS as each one loads, gets edited and saved, then closes.  Have no idea why the anomoly, but I'm getting used to random rubbish from Bridge.  Thanks for your inputs Stephen Marsh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on how much the action is doing, and/or how complex the original file is.

When I run batches (mostly output processing from masters) the individual images usually don't have time to render on screen before the next one is processed. So I get some empty "phantom" frames flashing by, but I don't expect to see the image.

But I can say this - before initiating a 4000-image batch, I would make very sure I didn't need to use the computer for a good while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I am having the following issue, I am doing a batch processing for 40 images

By @Anderson37921614e354

And why is this an issue?

You can view the images being created in the destination directory.

I created a script to log files being processed here:

What version/build of Photoshop? Are you running the Batch from Bridge? If so what version/build of Bridge? What OS? If Mac is this Intel chip or M1 etc?

One wants the batch to happen as fast as possible. If the images are small in size and the action processing is minimal, then this is the natural result. The process could be made to run slower so that you can see each image, however, that wouldn't be an optimal result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines