Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported colour pdf documents turn black and white

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

whenever I load colour pdf docs into photoshop to resize or crop, the original shows as black and white only. WHY?

How can I get them to remain in their orginal colour?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files can contain colours not supported in Photoshop. A sample PDF would be needed to specifically comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stephen, thanks for posting.

here's a sample pdf I'm wanting to use, as attachment

I want the red colour to remain once I've done some cropping in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the original PDF. There is no way for me to examine the colour modes and elements in the original PDF file. It is a screenshot of the PDF saved as a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to crop those screen shots turned pdf and they were not switching from colour to balck and white.

Can you offer any way of undoing that colour change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the screenshot of the PDF "is the original", then all you should need to do is ensure that when you open the PDF in Photoshop that the mode is set to RGB, or rather than rasterising the "page", you select the middle radio button for "image" to extract the image from the PDF, which is generally the better option if the PDF is just a wrapper for an image and not actual text/vector/image content.

open-image.png

inspector.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import a PDF into Photoshop there is an option to open it in grayscale or RGB or CMYK. Reopen it and try to select a different color option.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for providing the simple quick answer we needed. We appreciate your help! Have a great day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice if the default would be color instead of the default being grayscale. Adobe please consider this change, it will be amazing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines