Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Imported colour pdf documents turn black and white

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

whenever I load colour pdf docs into photoshop to resize or crop, the original shows as black and white only. WHY?

How can I get them to remain in their orginal colour?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files can contain colours not supported in Photoshop. A sample PDF would be needed to specifically comment.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stephen, thanks for posting.

here's a sample pdf I'm wanting to use, as attachment

I want the red colour to remain once I've done some cropping in Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the original PDF. There is no way for me to examine the colour modes and elements in the original PDF file. It is a screenshot of the PDF saved as a PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to crop those screen shots turned pdf and they were not switching from colour to balck and white.

Can you offer any way of undoing that colour change?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the screenshot of the PDF "is the original", then all you should need to do is ensure that when you open the PDF in Photoshop that the mode is set to RGB, or rather than rasterising the "page", you select the middle radio button for "image" to extract the image from the PDF, which is generally the better option if the PDF is just a wrapper for an image and not actual text/vector/image content.

open-image.png

inspector.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines