Importing JSON file data to Photoshop

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, newbie here to Javascript scripting and would like to be pointed in the right direction with regards to importing data from JSON files to Photoshop.

I'm creating multiple idntity cards for my workplace and rather than manually key all the individual details, i was wondering if could just import the data (name, DOB, Location etc) from the JSON file to appear as text layers on my psd?

Is this something that can be done ? If so, please could you point me in the direction of any courses/guides/etc? Really appreciate the help, thanks.

Jon

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop has an "out of the box" CSV based feature under Image > Variables:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/creating-data-driven-graphics.html

JSON would require custom JavaScript development which is a lot more work.

That being said, both Illustrator and InDesign also offer variable data workflows, which may be better suited to the task than Photoshop. My go-to would be InDesign for ID cards. Then Illustrator if they were rich in font effects... Photoshop would be my last choice.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines