Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to merge images

Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

i have 7-8 vetical photos which i would to merge in a panorama, but i obtain this:

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Only 2 couples are merged. How can i fix the problem? i think the sun is the problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Photoshop facility: File > Automate > Photomerge and then select the images to merge and the type of layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your exposure locked in when you took the images? Changing the exposure settings can also cause problems.

You might try Camera Raw’s Panorama merge. Sometimes one will merge photos the other can’t.

By the way, Camera Raw/Lightroom can also merge HDR Panoramas, which is a good way to overcome the overexposed sun problem.

If you’re interested in learning more about HDR Panoramas, check out this video:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue appears to be with insufficient overlap with detail that the automation can use.

Although there is a good percentage overlap in the first set, the final image has little detail outside of the island. Remember the waves will have moved.

On the second set there is plenty detail but very little overlap. You should be aiming at between 20% and 30%.

As said above, Lightroom is worth a try and can sometimes manage where Photoshop automation does not. If that does not work you may have to add the final section(s) the old fashioned manual way.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can help. Try different modes. Create and edit a panorama in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to merge 27 frames, but adobe camera raw hangs!! Please guide me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines