• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In 19.1 i cannot change the brush tip for the mixer or smudge tools

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select the mixer brush, and then choose a brush tip from the brush preset menu, the tool will change to the brush tool as soon as I select the new tip.  This doesn't happen with every brush (for example, i can change to a standard photoshop brush), but not a Kyle brush like the one below.  As soon as I select the new

As soon as I select the new tip, the mixer tool will change to the standard brush tip.  This does not happen in CC 2017.  I am able to use the same kyle brushes without issue.  I suspect something is awry with the way brushes and tool presets are sort of the same thing now?  So when i am picking a new brush tip, it has the tool info with it?  Please help if i am doing something wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when i am picking a new brush tip, it has the tool info with it?

That is indeed an option now.

You can select it, »Create new brush« and uncheck »Include Tool Settings«, then the new preset should work for any Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply... This may work when i am creating a brush, but it seems almost every brush I used to have was maybe created with the setting checked (or before it existed)?  Either way, using almost all of my existing imported brushes no longer works with the mixing brush or smudge tool.  there doesn't seem to be a way to edit them either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either way, using almost all of my existing imported brushes no longer works with the mixing brush or smudge tool.  there doesn't seem to be a way to edit them either.

When you select one of those Brushes and proceed as described above can the resulting Brush be utilised with the Mixing Brush Tool or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that did work, thank you.  This is a good work around, but i can't duplicate every brush... Also there is no way of knowing which brushes will work (i.e. which were created with the »Include Tool Settings« box checked) until you select them.  This problem did not exist in cc 2017. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, seems to have been released October, 2017, see »Streamlined brush management« on

New features summary | January 2018 and October 2017 releases of Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How has this not been remedied yet? And no further responses? I suppose we just have to duplicate every brush we'd like to use as a mixer brush? How does Adobe miss something like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about?

Pleas post meaningful screenshots including the pertinent Panels (Brushes etc.).

Did you create Brushes with »Include Tool Settings« checked or download some and are you pretending that is Adobe’s fault?

And are you aware that the Tool stored in the Tool Settings can be overridden by cmd-clicking the Brush with another painterly Tool selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you bother to even read the original post? And ”are you aware” that answering doesn’t require a pompous attitude?  Did you get your fill of talking down to people in for the day?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to post a Feature Request/Bug Report over on

Photoshop Family Customer Community

if one does not exist already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get your fill of talking down to people in for the day?

I did not reread the whole year old thread before posting so I did not fully appreciate the peculiarities of the issue.

If you still have Photoshop CC 2017 installed you can remove the Tool settings in bulk by loading the Brushes there and exporting them as a new abr-file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alyssac87510776  wrote

How has this not been remedied yet? And no further responses? I suppose we just have to duplicate every brush we'd like to use as a mixer brush? How does Adobe miss something like this?

No that is not correct, Adobe did respond. Since 19.1.0 you can use Ctrl+Alt (Cmd+Opt on Mac) to load a brush without its tool preset.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do apologise, I posted the wrong key(-combination).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It wasn't aimed at you Chris

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines