• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Photoshop CS6 I cannot create a new vector shape or even open a .psd with a vector shape in it.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just shows the message "Could not complete your request because of a program error." 

I've tried updating Photoshop, uninstalling it and reinstalling it (multiple times), deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" in Preferences, doing a factory reset on my computer, and even (stupidly) installing 3rd party software to try to fix any corrupted files on my computer.

I'm using Windows 10.

Does anybody have any answers?

photoshop error.PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Hey, thanks for the reply!

This answer actually helped me fix the problem!

I guess it wasn't related to vectors, because Photoshop was able to open a different file that had vector layers, and then I was able to make new vector shapes. I guess I just had a corrupted file and it didn't want to make new shapes immediately after I closed the corrupted file and created a new document. When I created a new document after opening a non-corrupted file (with vector layers), it worked.

Thanks! Sorry I had t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of windows are you using?

Reset the photoshop cs6 preferences and see if that makes a difference.

under Reset Photoshop preferences>Using a keyboard shortcut

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! 🙂

I got it sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rampaging Koala 

Is the issue only with creating vector shapes and opening files with vector shapes? Do other files open okay? Does it happen as soon as you select a vector tool or when you actually start creating a shape?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the reply!

This answer actually helped me fix the problem!

I guess it wasn't related to vectors, because Photoshop was able to open a different file that had vector layers, and then I was able to make new vector shapes. I guess I just had a corrupted file and it didn't want to make new shapes immediately after I closed the corrupted file and created a new document. When I created a new document after opening a non-corrupted file (with vector layers), it worked.

Thanks! Sorry I had the wrong information lol.

thank you.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @Rampaging Koala, I'm happy that this was helpful and that you are up and running again!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines