• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

insert tool links into actions

Engaged ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

insert tool links into actions, I don't remember what I did in the past but with the latest Photoshop update when I create an action and want to add the brush or other tool it isn't recorded. Do you have any idea how I can solve it.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

I believe that selecting most of the "painting" tools like the Brush Tool are recordable in actions.

If you want, however, to actually record using a painting tool such as the Brush tool, then first you

have to enable Allow Tool Recording then your brush strokes will be recorded in a action.

tr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate a little more on what you are trying to do and how this differs from what you were expecting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't record the selection of a tool directly, but you can indirectly record the selection of a tool by using a tool preset.

Scripts can directly load tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, that's useful Stephen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that selecting most of the "painting" tools like the Brush Tool are recordable in actions.

If you want, however, to actually record using a painting tool such as the Brush tool, then first you

have to enable Allow Tool Recording then your brush strokes will be recorded in a action.

tr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff - thanks for noting the distinction between recording painting vs other tools as an action step! On the topic of "Allow Tool Recording" – the ScriptingListener plug-in has to be uninstalled to do so (most people wouldn't have it installed unless they were into script development).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff Arola
Thanks, that's exactly what I didn't remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines