LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also good for mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote this script in Windows for CS2 originally. Now I changed some things that it won't work on CS2 (but it could if I removed app.system() parts and changed back app.refresh() to old redraw() function). Anyway It's working on CS5.1 and will be working on CS6, or it should. I hope it will work on CC versions as well, but I never had any of them on my computer.

I believe I can rewrite this script with someone help to make it working both on Windows and Macintosh.
So if you or someone use its Operation system  please answer to these qestions and I see what I can do.

How these paths should look like on Mac they were correct and working:

//someServer/c/someFolder/(...)/Scripts

/c/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts/

/c/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop/

/c/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand what this path is for.

/c/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts/

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Scripts CC/ --> I only have CC apps installed on my machine, so I'm not sure if there is a different folder for non CC apps.

/c/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop/

/c/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop/

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/ --> It's the same for both as far as I'm concerned. Version dependent (CS6, CC 2104, CC 2015, CC 2017, etc...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that someFolder(...) means there may be more folders than only this one between c disk and final Scripts folder. I don't want to say it's working, no it doesn't. It was taken from original post where I used it as example if somone kept his scripts (whatever name of this folder had) deeper than just in one folder.

Well it may be //MAWI/c/MyFolder/Script

Probably not everyone knows it but that double slash character at beggining of above path means that next word is for computer name in a local network you are in. So if My computer is for ex. MAWI-6 and I want to access something on my d disc I can do it by //MAWI-6/d/someFile.txt or directly /d/someFile.txt. If I wanted to access disk d from other computer I always had to start from that double slash preciding server/computer name. So if that was MAWI-12, the name of other computer I had to write this path to something on its disc d: //MAWI-12/d/someFile.txt

c/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts/

Have you ever used start-up scripts, I'm wonder where their folder is  located on Mac then?

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/

Aren't there any letter of disk on Mac, is that correct full path, equivalent for my Windows /c/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop/ or /c/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop/ ??? or you want to say there were separated folders before CS6 ? I'm not sure but 64 bit version Adobe started from CS4 or CS5 for Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever used start-up scripts, I'm wonder where their folder is  located on Mac then?

I don't use this folder or start up scripts. I haven't found the need for them. But I believe the equivalent folder on Mac is the one I posted above.

Here it is again:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Scripts CC/

Aren't there any letter of disk on Mac

By default, apps are installed in that /Applications/ folder.

Instead of disk drives, we have Volumes. Example:

/Volumes/VolumeName

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I'm sorry, I missed then that Library path in your previous post. Okey then THX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines