• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Nik Software in Photoshop CC.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I install Nik software into Photoshop CC when the host box remains empty. You have the option of a custom host but what do I choose? Would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

I thought I would provide an update on this issue.  I contacted the Google Nik support group today and they were super helpful.  First they sent me the link to download the latest version of Nik Collection which was released two weeks ago.  I was having problems downloading the latest drivers to my AMD Radeon HD 7900 series card and the support guys found the the driver update and sent me a link.  After updating the drivers I still experienced the crashing issue.  Then he walked me through to co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondered having copied across to the cc 2014 folder all works fine, but what about the automatic upgrades from google??

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Rosser's post (2nd in this thread) works perfectly for cc2015.  CC2015 will not show in the applications window of the NIK installer.  Look for the little [+] at the bottom of the list window and click it. Then browse to the PS CC 2015 folder, and within that, the Preset folder. Select that and install.  For a good and quick visual, see this YouTube video:  Installing the Nik Collection in Photoshop CC - YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the Google folder ended up in the Photoshop folder and just needed to be moved to the plug in folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know: no special installation needed, just placement in the

appropriate folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Photoshop cc 2015.. after I installed Google Nik Softwares.. My Photoshop stopped.. How i handle this? Just tried end error....

1. go to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Plug-ins" folder

2. Move "Google" folder where ever  you want.

3. Copy folders "Analog Efex Pro", "Color Efex Pro 4", "HDR Efex Pro 2", "Silver Efex Pro 2" from that "Google" folder to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Plug-ins"

4. Done.

Note: when I tried to copy others folder likes "Define", "Select Tool"... my photoshop stoped...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waking up an old thread.  Exact same problem as indram277...  Just upgraded from Win 8 to 8.1 (x64) wiping all programs, settings and files. Installed PS CC 2015 (x64) setting no preferences yet.  NIK's plugins installed to correct PS folder, but crashes PS on start (The same NIK installer worked before migrating to 8.1).  Tests of individual plugins (Swapping in/out of Google folder) shows Analog, Color, HDR and Silver work.  Selective Tool crashes PS on start.  Dfine, Sharpener Pro and Viveza allow PS to start up, but crashes PS when I invoke the plugin.  Sent an Email off to NIK Support (Couldn't find tele #) and awaiting their response. I'll post a fix if one comes along.  In the meantime, if you know of a fix, I'd appreciate ( I use Viveza on most of my photo edits in Photoshop).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google had a quick response to my Email requesting help.  The fix was as simple as installing the latest version of the NIK Collection.  All seems to work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tell us what you did then edknight so it can help us in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My install is working well on Win 8.1 Pro x64.  Think my initial problem noted above was caused by using an old version of the NIK installer that was compatible Win 8x64, but not with 8.1x64.  On Google's advice, I downloaded and installed this file, NikCollection_1.2.11_1307-12.exe on Jan 26.  Believe it worked right away.  Memory is a little rusty though as I also had problems with the Photokit Sharpener plug-in at the same time.  Had to move the .8bf files on one of these programs, but I'm pretty sure it was Photokit, and not NIK.

My current working NIK install has the (.8bf) files in each plug-in's folder.  For example, the Viveza 2 64-bit plugin-in lives in C:\Program Files\Google\NIK Collection\Viveza 2\Viveza 2 (64 bit)\Viveza 2.8bf

A shortcut in a Photoshop's plug-in folder points to the Viveza 2.8bf file noted above.  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Plug-ins\Google\\Viveza 2\Viveza 2.8bf.lnk

I presume the .8bf and .lnk files in the "Viveza 2" folders (one notch higher in the folder trees) are for 32-bit windows.

The other plug-ins in NIK's collection followed the same pattern.  There were additional files in each plug-in folder.  Primarily the folders have .config and and .exe files, while both Dfine and Sharpener Pro folders have more than one .8bf and .lnk files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know the number to google Nik collection? I want to directly contact them for support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nik Collection has been acquired by DxO and they are planning to release a new version in mid 2018.

Since they are creating a new version (which you don't need a crystal ball to predict that it will NOT be free like the Google download)  I'm not sure how much (if any) support they will offer when the new version is only a few months away

See: Homepage - Nik Collection by DxO

--------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to DxO,
the new home of the Nik Collection

We at DxO are very proud to add the Nik Collection to our renowned photo editing solutions. Our teams are actively working to release a new Collection in mid-2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

اشكركم جداااا

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines