• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive ScriptUI Builder!

Community Expert ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Beginning ScriptUI" PDF from Peter Kahrel is the "go to" resource for many new script writers.

That being said, I just found this wonderful site:

ScriptUI Dialog Builder

GitHub - joonaspaakko/ScriptUI-Dialog-Builder-Joonas: A web app for designing and building Adobe Scr...

I hope that you find this useful!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using it exclusively since I put it online... and believe me when I say that it's great when it works — Post your complaints in the Github Issues​.

Thanks for the shoutout, Stephen.

A general question for everyone: Should there be some sort of video on how it's used? or perhaps a site tour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great project compliments

I encountered a small problem

if I put an image or an icon in jpg when appro the panel in photoshop cc2018 gives me error

if I open it with cc2014 it's fine

if I load png image everything is ok both in cc2014 and in cc2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well well... Based on my tests I can confirm that jpeg also fails in CC 2019. Though it works in seemingly any other application.

Interesting that it works in CC 2014. It looks like it fails to decode jpegs. I remember having some trouble trying to figure out how I can convert the image into a format that ScriptUI understands and I ended up succeeding by using the decode function... So right now I'm not super sure if I have any wiggle room there. I don't know too much encoding and decoding images...

I think I have to write a description for image items tellings users about this issue and advice to use PNG files if they get any errors... I think I might also post an Issue and ask for help on the matter.

Thanks for reporting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could specify that only png files can be used

without creating any converter

however, it is a great job and a pleasure to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean restrict the supported image formats to png only? It crossed my mind but since it works fine in other applications, it would be a little too much I think. That said I don't see many people using jpeg in dialogs, but who knows. I think a little warning text will suffice for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a small warning text is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I wrote the warning and added a new issue that explains it, just in case someone out there has a solution: JPEGs don't work in Photoshop CC 2015-2019 · Issue #45 · joonaspaakko/ScriptUI-Dialog-Builder-Joonas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely because of the  new implementation of ScriptUI Adobe did in CC 2015 where they change from being Flash base to HTML based. The new implementation  is not completely compatible with Adobe documentation.  Check Adobe Feedback site I believe there are several bug reported about scriptui Photoshop Family Customer Community

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This made me realize something. For some reason, I was under the impression this was an encoding issue, but apparently, it's not since JPEGs fail no matter how you try to display it; with or without encode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compatibility problems cause users to need to use old versions of Photoshop.  Now Adobe is telling their customers they are not authorized to use old CC version of Photoshop because of some legal problems Adobe is facing and even implying that customers that do they may also be liable and face legal action from third party developers.    Adobe need to develop Photoshop so that it is Backwards Compatible or clear up their legal issues so that their users are not liable otherwise Adobe will just face additional legal action.  I believe Adobe management understands this.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny you say that cause I was just about to sue Adobe for all the pain and suffering ScriptUI has caused me. Adobe will be sitting there in the courtroom and as I glance at Adobe, my eyes start swelling up and I'm like: "Your honor, I'm sorry but I can't do this" and then I storm out the door dramatically...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this as it might be very useful. Stephen, did you post about it in the Exchance forum? It might be relevant there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYOUSOMUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work in Safari or Firefox? I'm not a Chrome user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a desktop app: Desktop applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an issue posted about this in github.You may cast your vote there.

I would strongly recommend trying the pseudo desktop app, as mentioned by PECourtejoie. I say "pseudo", because it still connects to the website and won't work offline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines