• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe interested in creating a tool for measuring angles in Photoshop?

Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work more then 8 years with photoshop. Like how it is today and offers me a lot of tools to go to work and make digital art. A tool to measure angles could be useful when i want to calculte an angle, to find the middle for a symetric cut or 3, 4 or more part that could fit into one piece(360°). Such tool is usefull for a lot of things and i believe that Photoshop should have such tool. Is Adobe going to develop a tool where you can measure angles in Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's an interesting suggestion but we do not have any official communication related to this. You can submit a feature request for such a tool here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/

This forum is monitored directly by our developers. They can check the feasibility of your request & may implement it in a future update.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nikunj!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you weren't aware, you can measure angles with the Ruler Tool and record measurements using the Measurement Log.

After you draw out one line using the Ruler Tool press Alt or Option to draw out the second line and you can see the Angle in the Tool Options Bar and Info panel.

You can also use the line tool in a similar fashion, but without the ability to use the measurement log.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/positioning-ruler-tool.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/measurement.html

rt.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff posted a good answer; I was making the animation below at the same time so I will add it too. You can use both the Measurement tool and the Measurement Log panel, and if you want to use the data to make calculations, the Measurement Log panel lets you export the data.

Photoshop-Measurement-tool-angle.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Conrad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines