• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to override / add to the Context menus (specifically the layer Context menu)?

Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to add my own function to the Layer context menu, I can't seem to find any resources on this subject other than CC _InDesign_. Is this possible in CS6? And what should I be looking at?

Screenshot_55.png

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in CC, and obviously not in CS6. Writing your own layer panel would be the only way I can think of to achieve something similar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm, not interested in re inventing the wheel (If I can't override it).

Could you provide any resources on creating a external panel, I could achieve the same thing with that.

Thanks Ilvar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davide Barranca has a whole collection of articles about writing HTML5-based panels for Photoshop here (https://www.davidebarranca.com) - it's a good starting point. Information on the Adobe site is quite stale (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/cs-extension-builder.html), and while the CEP engine inside PS is regularly updated, Adobe no longer provides any specialized tools for development (you are invited to use an HTML5 editor of your own choice)

I'd imagine your plugin be a combination of some sort of an HTML5-based panel calling into a C++ plugin developed using regular PS SDK (an automation plugin, most likely) that implements the operation logic.

Oh, and please keep in mind that HTML5 extensions are only available for CC; for CS6 you would need to use Flex (if you want to go down the memory lane that far...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I'm not too worried about the UI seeing how I will use QT if I need to create a UI system like this. Sucks I don't have access to the Context menu or a panel function.

Thanks Ilvar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines