• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to see custom shapes without folders?

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm looking for a custom shape within PS, it shows me a huge list of dozens of folders. Is there some way I can set PS to default to showing me the images without the folders?

Thanks!

(I've attached a screenshot of the folders-only view.)

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 5.18.51 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctr + clicking on the triangle next to Conifer Trees will expand all groups or folders at that level.

Another option is to gather all shapes into a single group or folder and then save them. This method allows you to view all shapes within a single group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but do you know the location of the custom shapes folder for PS 2024 on Mac? I Googled it, which said they're under Presets, and they're not there. I've attached a screenshot showing all my folders under presets.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 2.59.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GregKochPhoto 

On a Mac, go to your applications folder and contextual menu right-click on the Photoshop.app icon, then select "Show Package Contents":

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2024/Adobe Photoshop 2024.app/Contents/Required/Default Custom Shapes.csh

I'm not sure if that actually solves your problem though!

I believe that Bojan was telling you to use the Shapes panel to select and move and organise the shapes into a single folder and then to save that from the panel, not to use the folders in your actual operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oooooh, good point. Thank you. I'll try the easier way first, then. Back in the day, I used to be able to crawl around in the trenches of the programs, but I wouldn't want to attempt that anymore unless I absolutely needed to.

Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how things used to be, Adobe added folders as users wanted more management options. I guess you can't please everyone!  :]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines