• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to still use Photoshop 2017

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 2017 downloaded and have an adobe photography subscription.  I'm getting a message my serial number is invalid though?  I'd rather not update my OS given I'm on an older Mac.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscriptions don't use serial numbers.

Did you download Photoshop Elements, and not Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob I just looked it up and PSE started using the year in 2018. The previous version was PSE15.

@stephens37754564 

Your question is confusing. If you have a legal copy of Photoshop, it will work with your paid subscription when you sign into the Creative Cloud app.

Did you download 2017 from ProDesign Tools or Adobe?

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html

If you used a piracy website thinking it would work, remove all traces and check for malware that is likely included. The pirates give fake serial numbers.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To bring the answers together: one idea is that you have a Photography subscription, which could run Photoshop 2017 if you had it. But, Photoshop 2017 isn't available. So we think maybe you downloaded Photoshop Elements 2017 instead. No, you can't run that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Test Screen Name wrote:

So we think maybe you downloaded Photoshop Elements 2017 instead. No, you can't run that. 

As I said to Bob an hour ago, PSE 2017 does not exist. It goes from PSE15 to PSE2018.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines