• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Photoshop CS6 returned legal?

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to buy an old version of PS because it's much than enough for me. I found an offer of CS6 that says it's box, legal ets. After asking seller some questions she said it is was a returned copy and it couldn't be registered but it's legal. Do you think it's true? Is it possible to return this software and resell it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

'...returned copy and it couldn't be registered.....'

No that does not sound legal. CS6 has not been sold for years. It is possible to transfer a license by going via Adobe, the story of 'cannot be registered' sets all kinds of alarm bells ringing. There is a lot of pirated software around and much of it contains malware.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'...returned copy and it couldn't be registered.....'

No that does not sound legal. CS6 has not been sold for years. It is possible to transfer a license by going via Adobe, the story of 'cannot be registered' sets all kinds of alarm bells ringing. There is a lot of pirated software around and much of it contains malware.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget this, spend the money on Photoshop Elements which will likely be less money, modern version and will be legal. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/buy-elements.html?utm_campaign=cv-nwmp-ae2023&utm_...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop today is a great bargain at about $10 month - actually $120/year. When Photoshop CS6 was sold it was around $700. That's six years of subscription!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's illegal, period, end of.

CS6 hasn't been legally available in any shape or form for many, many years. Illegal pirated copies have been flooding the internet for as many years.

This isn't a probability, it's a certainty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is it possible to return this software and resell it?'

=========

No. Put it in the recycle bin.  Nobody will buy obsolete, discontinued & unsupported software that won't install much less run on modern equipment.  Decade-old software is no bargain at any price.  Sorry.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements (no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
  • Free upgrades for paid subscribers

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Premium Adobe Express ($10/month).

• Adobe Express app (web and mobile)
  • Premiere Rush (vide editor for desktop and mobile)
  • Photoshop Express (mobile)
  • Spark Video (mobile)
  • Spark Page (mobile)
  • Adobe Portfolio + hosting
  • 100 GB of cloud storage
  • All premium templates and design assets including the collection of over 160 million royalty-free Adobe Stock photo collection.

https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/express-overview.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + apps & services) and Single App Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you guys for all these suggestions! I've been using now CS4 which I like very much but I thought of a little update on the occasion of changing the computer. CS6 I mentioned costs ca $200 so I thought it might be legal. As I see it's rather not. I will report this offer to Adobe - they should take more care about this kind of offers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines