• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a Better Way to Use Custom Shapes Tool?

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping someone can give insight in how they acutally USE the Custom shapes. They just seem to be a bunch of vecors in folders, that you have to drill down to every time and find the one that might work for you. 

Is there a side tool or setup you might use so you can browse your shapes another way? 

geekazine_0-1710528075111.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put all the Shapes into a single folder.

Even with just the Default shapes plus the Legacy Shapes and More, if you keep them in the folders as shipped with the all the folders open, won't nearly fit on the screen so you can see all of them.

alshpes.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually used to do this, but then a new major update / change of computer/reload Photoshop would muck my work all up. The depreciation of images also didn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The depreciation of images also didn't help. 

What are you talking about? 

Did you actually save your presets and back them up in the pervious version of Photoshop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a bad idea Jeff.  I renamed some of mine so I could find them using the search tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shapes, as well as Patterns, Gradients, and Styles, can be dragged out of any group, and dropped into another, or also between two groups. I set my panels up so my favorites are together at the top of the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have just replied to Jeff's excellent idea of moving all shapes to a single custom folder, I like to use the search bar in the main shapes panel.  IIf I have an issue finding what I know is there, I rename it when I do find it so I can find it more quickly next time.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trevor,

I got the idea for putting all the default shapes in one folder from older Photoshop versions that had an All in the

Shape picker flyout menu to load all the default shapes at once.

Photoshop CC 2018

shp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines