• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a portable version of Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a portable version of Photoshop? There are Photoshop Portable versions on the web but i can´t find a portable version on Adobe website. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

No, you can't install it on to a usb stick, you need to download the application from the internet on to your laptop. If you have the system specs, give it a try!

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noobie 

Photoshop for Web is in beta and is available to those who have a paid Creative Cloud subscription that includes Photoshop. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/photoshop-web-faq.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also Photoshop for iPad if you have an iPad

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/ipad.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a portable version of Photoshop? There are Photoshop Portable versions on the web but i can´t find a portable version on Adobe website. 

By @Noobie

No, there isn't official portable version of Photoshop. There wasn't portable version at any time in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is Photoshop lite version called Photoshop Elements, it's available for a one-off payment  from Amazon and elsewhere for around $70.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But its portable? My problem, when i travel i just use a small laptop that is completely impossible to install photoshop, so my idea is to have a portable  version in a pen and that way i can use photoshop in my small laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your small laptop has the correct system specs you can install Photoshop Elements 2022. I don't know what you mean by "in a pen"! 
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/tech-specs.html

If you're not sure you can download the free 30-day trial to see if it will work on your small laptop and that the application suits your requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, i´m Portuguese and also speak spanish so sometimes i mix the terms and i write portenglish :). To place photoshop on a USB that was what i meant by " in a pen"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't install it on to a usb stick, you need to download the application from the internet on to your laptop. If you have the system specs, give it a try!

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noobie wrote:

But its portable? My problem, when i travel i just use a small laptop that is completely impossible to install photoshop, so my idea is to have a portable  version in a pen and that way i can use photoshop in my small laptop. 

Can you define what you mean by "portable" so we are all on the same page?

When I first answered, I thought you meant the dictionary definition, and the web version (beta) can be used on any device.

After reading answers from others, I've found that "Portable Photoshop" is also used to refer to illegal pirated versions. If you are asking about pirated versions, we can't assist.

0EB4171D-9C5D-426C-80E2-7FF43BF4F262.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, something i can transport from one place to another without having to install it on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noobie wrote:

Yes, something i can transport from one place to another without having to install it on your computer.

Photoshop for the Web (beta) does not get installed on your computer. It does have minimum and recommended system requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements-web.html

Is this what you are looking for?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's never been  a portable version of Photoshop (like portable 7Zip or Audacity or Firefox, etc).

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 😞 Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Sorry couldn't be more helpful...

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to know that there never was a "Photoshop Portable" from Adobe. Software pirates may claim this exists, and they might have something along with the malware. But "Photoshop Portable" is not a legal product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes thats the problem :(. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Photoshop needs a powerful computer, with a lot of free disk space and good GPU etc. A portable version would not make a tiny laptop work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok 😞 didnt know that. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's for the full version of Photoshop, Photoshop Elements doesn't need such a powerful computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i will check if i can do that way. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines