• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to change default color for color fill layers?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use color fill layers to create backgrouds often. Most of the time I need a white background, and I always have to change it from default brown. Is there a way to set a different color as a default? Maybe theres some workaround using actions?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solid fill adjustment layer defaults to black, if I hold down opt/alt on another colour, the cancel button changes to reset and black is selected if I press reset.

You could:

* Create an action with the colour that you want in the solid fill adjustment layer

* A script could do the same as the action

If the Script Events Manager could be triggered when a new solid fill adjustment layer was created, it could be changed to white via a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know Solid Color Layers by default use the Foreground Color on creation. 

Do you usually have brown as the Foreground Color? 

Please post meaningful screenshots including the pertinent Panels to illustrate the process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah, that explains why black was defaulting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you must have set brown as the foreground colour? The default there is black and white. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start recording action.

Go to Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color > OK, do not touch name field

Select color for new fill layer.

Stop recording action.

solid color fill layer action step.jpg

That's it. You can assign keyboard shortcut to play action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines